Tuesday, November 9, 2010
Life as a Tea Light
This past weekend I went to the MTW Global Missions Conference with several people from Covenant. It was pretty good. My favorite parts were when everyone got together and sang and worshiped in the huge exhibit hall. It was wonderful to hear everyone singing together, and there were some great sermons. One especially struck me - a missionary from Germany spoke about being a light to the world. He demonstrated by lighting a little tea light on stage and cutting out the lights. All 2,070 people in the room were quiet and focused on the light. We could all see it, even the people in the back. His point was that we underestimate what one little light can do, or one pinch of salt, or yeast... I don't think we realize the impact we have on the people around us. I know I often get discouraged because I don't think I change or affect anyone. His sermon encouraged me - we won't always see the impact we have on other people, but we still do affect them. I just need to focus on being a light to the world, a blessing to those around me, and trust God to let my actions and words change hearts, brighten days, and reveal His light to the world.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment