Thursday, May 27, 2010

Cherry Adventures

Good afternoon, everyone! Right now a thunderstorm is raging outside, and I am sitting comfortably inside. Recently I've been realizing how much nature brings me closer to my Lord.. Earlier this afternoon I went outside and picked cherries. They are so beautiful when they're still hanging on the tree! I eventually climbed the tree to get more (and felt like I was 9 again) and ended up just sitting there, enjoying God's creation. I could see the clouds forming to the south, but the sun was still shining above me, and the birds were singing... just the way I like it. And I remembered that He made all of that for me. It's quite a cheering thought. Plus I have a bowl full of cherries to enjoy. I might even make a pie...

In other news, I'm contemplating learning to play the cello! I have to learn more about it, but I hope it works out. I've wanted to for a while, but recently I went to an orchestra concert, and now I want to even more.

My brother and I were talking about the changing future, and we realized that we have a similar dream (inspired by the same book! A Severe Mercy by Sheldon Vanauken - If you haven't read this book, slap yourself right now. Then go read it). I want to buy a boat with my husband and live in the Caribbean. Whenever we need to buy something, we would just have to stop by an island and buy what we need, maybe work for a few months, then off to set sail again, into the sunset.. And then after a year or two of that, who knows? I want to live my life to the fullest. Christ gave his life for mine, so I want to put it to good use, and hopefully I will be courageous enough to do what he asks of me. While I am young and healthy, I'll do my best to enjoy what he has given me. Adventure is out there!* (movie references, of which there will be many in my posts, will be marked by a star. See if you can figure out what movie the quotes are from =)

1 comment:

  1. 1) first follower! booya!

    2) LOVE THAT BOOK! spared slapping myself...

    2) know the movie! hehehe!! joe has it as his ringtone! makes me weep...

    you have beautiful dreams :) i think im too practical...

    ReplyDelete